We at Lohashilpi have been regularly coming out with products to bring down the cost of producing rubber sheets. Our latest introduction is a fairly hi–tech smoke house that has considerable advantages and savings in fuel and labour.
The salient features of our smoke house are:
- It is possible to dry rubber sheets within 36 hours compared to 72 hours to 5 days which is the normal time taken.
- Just 500 grams of firewood is needed to dry 1 kilogram of rubber sheet against the normal requirement of 800 grams to 2.5 kilograms.
- The sheets need not be turned inside out mid-way to ensure that both sides get dried.
- The wet sheets can be loaded on to the smoke house directly thus saving time and labour needed to drip dry.
- The factory workers do not have to get inside the smoke house inhaling noxious fumes and bearing the heat to load the sheets and remove them.
- It is quite easy to get RSS-3 sheets (as per Indian standards).
- You may be generating bio-gas from the waste water. If so, this bio-gas can be used to supplement firewood.
- If there is an area on the southern side of your smoke house which gets sunshine, solar thermal energy too can be efficiently used to supplement firewood.
- We design the processing shed including the smoke house if needed. While designing, we try to keep the space needed as well as material movement to the bare minimum.